Since 2002, the Corsicana Education Foundation has...
- Awarded 265 innovative teaching grants worth more than $625,000 to C.I.S.D. teachers. More than 550 teachers and 35,000 students will be affected by teaching grants.
- Honored 142 distinguished teachers for their contributions in the classroom in front of their peers with a plaque and a check for $1,000. The teachers were honored for their outstanding teaching ability and dedication to their students and profession. The Foundation has awarded more than $250,000 at the last ten End-of-Year breakfasts to our outstanding faculty and staff.
- Honored the top 10 percent of the graduating seniors for the last 12 years and a district employee who they felt had a significant impact on their academic career.
- Recognized teachers with five years of experience or less is Rising Stars. The Rising Stars of Education Award is given each spring to educators who exhibit extraordinary dedication to their students and to learning more about the teaching profession.
- In the fall of 2015, CEF began New-Teacher Grants of $100 to assist first-year teachers as they supply their classrooms.
- Additionally, the Foundation’s endowment reached more than $400,000 which will continue to grow and secure future of funding for CISD staff and their innovative programs.